Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dear EZ Combs and Those Who Wear You,

[photo by my magic phone - actual sighting!]



Dear EZ Combs and Those Who Wear You,


Why do you exist? And what year is this? I saw your commercial on TV when I was at the gym a few weeks ago and I thought they must have switched the channel over to TVLand...or maybe SNL from the early 90's. There is nothing cute or stylish about you. The only "plus" is that you are easy to put in one's hair. And yet your company can't even spell "easy" correctly.

Also WHO would wear you (in a non-ironic non-hipster way)? Not a woman of style and elegance for sure. And then I saw it. I was running to catch a flight at JFK last Friday and I jumped on one of those "moving sidewalk things" (a subject of a future letter, god willing). And there she was...in all her EZ Comb glory. A woman strutting her stuff down her own version of a runway, rocking the EZ Comb.

Airport Lady - I give you props for making this your own; but I hate to tell you - the EZ Comb is not a thing you wanna associate with. And if I was the one working the security check point that day at JFK, I would not let you past the gate. Clearly you are a danger to yourself.

Call my stylist,
Kat

7 comments:

Lauren said...

for some reason this reminds me of Belly Jeans - which I WILL write a letter to at some point.

robokat said...

belly jeans is owed a novella at least!

Movie Maven said...

WHAT THE FUCK IS A BELLY JEANS?!?!

Okay, I just googled it. I don't know how I missed the existence of this.

Steph said...

EZ combs are to hair as Slankets are to bodies.

robokat said...

good comparison steph!

also, anna - you missed belly jeans because they, like the EZ combs, are not a thing. also i think the commercials only aired in florida.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such stories. I love to read blogs like that. Just add some pics :)

 

  SUBMIT YOUR LETTERS!    



 

FRIENDS!