Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dear Barbeque Place Near My House,



Dear Barbeque Place Near My House,

I can't help it. I put myself on a veggie diet, cut back on drinking, and even started doing pilates in my living room to prepare myself for swimsuit shopping. But there's something about you that keeps me coming back.

Is it the picnic tables outside, where I can both drink my fill of beer AND smoke as many cigarettes as I like? Or is it your pork belly and ribs, served sans plates on butcher-paper lined trays like some demented, meat-centric high school cafeteria? Is it the token basket of handi-wipes by the register? The gramophone lighting fixtures? The epic, Hannibal Lecteresque mess I have on my face when I've had my fill of porcine carnage?

It's all of these things and more, Fette Sau. Through swine flu and swimsuit season, I'll stay with you...always.

Yours in Pork Fat,
Stephanie

8 comments:

Movie Maven said...

This post and the previous show: our neighborhood is the best.

robokat said...

just the fact that you're wearing a lamb necklace and some sort of bra for a top (ala selena) makes me want to be transported to this time - with you - right now.

and i'm a vegeterian.

Laurie Stark said...

You did not just go there with the Selena reference.

Now I want to be transported to this time - with you- when you were writing that.

While wearing a bra for a top.

Heyyyyyyyyooooooo

Laurie Stark said...

I don't even know what I meant by that.

Lauren said...

seriously - this place is like 5 mins from my house - why haven't I gone? Can we have a date here please???

Lauren said...

Also - I saw the movie Selena while in Miami this Fla. And ya'll, it IS as good as we remember it.

robokat said...

that was really the pinnacle of jLo's career.

Steph said...

let's have a group date there very soon. if you get there on a weekday before about 7 or so you can snag a table outside...kat, you can have potato salad and broccoli salad and rolls. and pickles. as many pickles as you can eat!

ARCHIVE!

 

  SUBMIT YOUR LETTERS!    



 

FRIENDS!