Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dear Sunday Night,


Dear Sunday night,

I wish I found you as pleasant as I once did. I wish I savored what you are instead of wishing you were something you will never be- any other day of the week. We both know that a relationship will never be healthy when one person is always wishing for the other to be something they are not, cannot be. For my part in this unhealthy relationship, I am sorry, but you will always be my least favourite night of the week.

No love,
brandy

p.s. Maybe if you had better television programming we could work something out? Remember when you had Grey's Anatomy? Man, those were the good ol' days.

3 comments:

Jason said...

I will take the side of Sunday Night since it can not take its own.

Listen up, "Brandy." We've been drifting, it's true. I, however, will not take the blame. I have never pretended to be something I'm not. I've always been the end of the weekend to you and not the promise of the week to come. It's true that television programming has gone down hill...that damn DH tornado was the shark, man...but, who doesn't LOVE Sally Field?

Anyway, I'm rambling. If you really want this to work, and, I believe deep down that you do...you'll except me for what I am. I'm a quiet night at home with a book or a movie. I'm unwinding with a pair of slippers and a glass of Pinot Noir. I'll always be here for you - even if you are a two-bit floozy out for a last hurrah with your crescent polish at the end of over-exposed toe nails, over-due roots, a bronchial cough and leggings hiked up enough to show both camel toe and spider veins. I'll always love you - just take me at face value.

Laurie Stark said...

Jason -
SOMEONE'S been reading a little too much Why Women Hate Men!

I don't really know whose side to take here. I feel like a child choosing between her parents.

Jason said...

OMG, upon rereading I see that I used the word "except" when I clearly meant, "accept". I am extraordinarily embarrassed.

ARCHIVE!

 

  SUBMIT YOUR LETTERS!    



 

FRIENDS!