Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dear Maternity Clothing Boutique Next to My Apartment Building,


[photo courtesy shutter_daddy]


Dear Maternity Clothing Boutique Next to My Apartment Building,

Why do you tease me? Your windows are always filled with the most adorable and comfortable-looking clothing. Your selection is far superior to your sister boutique down the street, which features too many skinny jeans and oddly cropped jackets for my taste. Does my love of you mean that I dress like a mom? Why can't you make your clothes in non-pregnant styles? And why do I pause in your doorway at least once a week thinking "I could probably belt that"? I guess I'll just have to wait till I get knocked up to enjoy your wares.

Gestationally yours,
Laura

3 comments:

Skebba said...

Aw, get preggers, you know you want to! Some women do it for far less noble reasons.

Movie Maven said...

You probably could belt that. Just sayin'.

robokat said...

in my experience you can belt anything.

ARCHIVE!

 

  SUBMIT YOUR LETTERS!    



 

FRIENDS!