Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dear Mossimo Supply Company Cheetah Print Flats,

[photo from target.com]

Dear Mossimo Supply Company Cheetah Print Flats,

I know you only cost $12.99 at the sorry excuse for a Target by the Atlantic-Pacific stop. I'm pretty sure I only bought you in a Target-induced haze after having been deprived of big box shopping for so long. And I am certain you were made by, like, a baby in a terrible factory in the developing world. But none of this means that you have to start crapping out on me after being worn only 5 times. You're so cute! Please, just hang in there. You can make it.

Also, what is the deal with this Mossimo "Supply Company" stuff? Last I heard, it was just Mossimo. And that was good enough for me.

Agree to disagree,
Anna

8 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

Do I need to write a companion letter to my black and silver Merona flats from Target that I bought last week and am madly in love with though they were made by an Indonesian baby? MY GOD THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLE.

I really hope they don't fall apart after one week.

I must say, I have not had the greatest luck with Target shoes in general. Payless on the other hand? Last me centuries. CENTURIES.

Movie Maven said...

Payless: Your Source for Shoes since 1549.

I think the pilgrims wore them.

Laurie Stark said...

This Pilgrim Clothing Wikipedia Spiral brought you by: Letters to Things.

Laurie Stark said...

p.s. At this exact moment, I am wearing a pair of heeled back boots that I bought at Payless when I was in A Christmas Carol... in 2001. I have probably walked the equivalent of three round-the-world trips in these boots and they are still going strong. I think they were $19.99.

Laurie Stark said...

p.p.s. Is it just me or is this pilgrim kind of hot?

Movie Maven said...

I don't care for the beard myself, but that aside - totally. He looks like he could either be an Apatovian man-child (hot) or a tragic hero figure in an indie film (hott).

Didn't we have a discussion about hot pioneers once? We love hottness in olden days.

Laurie Stark said...

Oh, I'd definitely make him shave the beard. I mean, if he hadn't lived four hundred years ago.

And yeah, I'd recognize that hot pioneer anywhere. Maybe we need a new series: Letters to Pioneers Who Should Date Us Wednesday.

Alex said...

I'd totally hit that pilgrim. Though I wouldn't get rid of the beard completely - just a nice trim.

ARCHIVE!

 

  SUBMIT YOUR LETTERS!    



 

FRIENDS!